Thursday, March 1, 2007

Lit Circle Response #1

I found our first literature circle to be very informative and beneficial. I enjoyed discussing the book especially in our specialty groups because we all had different information and could share what we found with one another. This allowed me to then transfer even more information to our large groups where we were allowed to deepen our discussion of The Poisonwood Bible. I got to really take a second look at the characters, Orleanna in particular. She seems to be even more vulnerable than I last thought. She crumbles under Nathan's iron fist causing her to feel insignificant. She also struggles with caring for her daughters. I think that she feels under appreciated and very much unloved. Orleanna does not seem to be the only character with problems. Nathan Price her husband seems to not only be the cause of Orleanna's problems but also of his own. Guilt seems like a driving force in their personal struggles and in their relationships. I think that guilt is going to become more and more a part of this book.

No comments: