Sunday, March 11, 2007

Essential Question

Since my essential question for this semester is: What is happiness? I thought it only approriate to interview someone on this topic. I like this question for the sake of interviewing because it is easy to ask, it applies to everyliving thing. The interview goes basically as follows (between myself and my mom):
Me: What is happiness to you?
Mom: Happiness is...being satisfied with what you have, enjoying what you do everyday, and loving the people that are in your life, and feeling good about yourself.
Me: Does it mean anything else?
Mom: Liking the person that you are I guess, it's also enjoying good health!
Me: What do you do that makes you happy?
Mom: What makes me happy?; Read, shop, well, definatley spending time with my kids and husband.
Me: Why do these things make you happy?
Mom: Because all those things are fun and interesting.
Me: Can you elaborate?, I mean, out of everything in the world you could do, those are the one's that come to your mind as making you happy, why?
Mom: Because they're simple and they're fun, I mean, I never have trouble finding something to read but, going sky diving or flying a plane might make me happy but, it's just to hard to do these things, sometimes impossible.
Me: Why is happiness important?
Mom: It's what makes life worth living.
Me: How can you make others be happy?
Mom: Be nice.

No comments: